Associate Degree of Sport, Recreation and Event Management
Edith Cowan University (ECU)
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The sport, recreation and event management industry is a dynamic, and evolving sector, and at ECU we prepare you with the practical skills you need to get a job.If you’re seeking to establish yourself in this industry, or are already working in the field and need an industry-specific qualification, this course is for you. You’ll graduate with not only theoretical knowledge but also the industry focused practical skills that will lead to a successful career. Plus, you’ll undertake a range of professional practice opportunities with relevant organisations.The course focuses upon an application of the key aspects of sport delivery systems, event management, leadership and programming, culture and professional identity development, sport and recreation facilities and services management, strategic and human resource management, marketing and communications, funding and finance, sport venue management, and sports law.
16 Units 240 Credit Points. Practicum Placement.
Standard entry requirements
- All applicants must meet the academic admission requirements for this course. The indicative or guaranteed ATAR is as published (where applicable) or academic admission requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following: AQF Cert IV
- Successfully completed 0.25 EFTSL of study at bachelor level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent)
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test
- * University Preparation Course
- * Indigenous University Orientation Course
- * Aboriginal University Readiness Assessment
- Or* Experience Based Entry Scheme. *Further information can be found at https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry.
Further Studies: Bachelor of Sport, Recreation and Event Management
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|