Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course develops graduates who possess a sound knowledge of the biophysical, behavioural and sociocultural foundations of sport and exercise, combined with the management skills and knowledge increasingly necessary in sport and exercise professions. This course contains a mix of sport and exercise and business subjects. As the sport and exercise industry has undergone a period of substantial growth, the need for sport and exercise professionals with management skills and qualifications has become increasingly important. Graduates are equipped with the professional knowledge and skills to operate in one of Australia's most dynamic industries. Students who complete this course with the required electives and grade point average also meet current entry criteria for the Master of Physiotherapy.
Students must complete 144 credit points comprising 24 subjects, made up of 20 core subjects and four elective subjects. The course has an extensive internship program.
- Event and facility management
- Exercise and sport science
- Health promotion
- Sport law
- Sport management
- Sport marketing
- Strategic management
Standard entry requirements
- Australian Year 12 qualification, AQF Diploma, or equivalent qualification at the required level. Non-current school leavers are strongly advised to upload a personal statement to their UAC application by November. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. International students: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances. Assumed knowledge Mathematics and any 2 units of English.
After admission, students may apply for credit recognition in subjects in which they consider themselves eligible. Equivalence of subject matter is the main criterion for credit recognition in a subject successfully completed at another institution. The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Management (Honours) is available to eligible students with an additional one year of full-time, or two years of part-time study.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Moore Park Precinct||International: $109,008||No|
Career options include athlete management, corporate health and fitness, fitness consultant, health promotion, sport development manager, sport event manager, sport marketing, sport policy, sport scientist, sport venue manager and physiotherapy (pathway).