An ACU education builds on the Catholic understanding of faith and reason working together in pursuit of knowledge and promotion of human dignity and the common good.
An ACU education seeks to transform lives and communities. Students are challenged to look beyond the classroom, solve real world problems, develop their own search for meaning, and cultivate strong professional ethics. They are invited to stand up for people in need and causes that matter.
ACU is open to all. As is common with great Catholic institutions the world over, the university is inclusive and supportive of everyone, every day - regardless of their faith or tradition.
ACU is a young university making a serious impact. Ranked in the top two per cent of universities worldwide1 and in the top 10 Catholic universities2, ACU is also first in Australia for graduate employment3.
Opportunities for personal and professional growth are critical to ACU. This is a university of service – so much so that it is built into the curricula. All ACU courses offer work placements, internships, or volunteering opportunities.
Our campuses are located in Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney (Blacktown, North Sydney and Strathfield) and Rome, Italy, offering you the opportunity to transfer between campuses and broaden your university experience. We also have an online campus, ACU Online.
- Top 2% of all universities worldwide1
- Top 40 young universities4
- Top 10 Catholic universities2
We have extensive experience in the support of international students, and our support begins from the moment you arrive in Australia with our airport pick-up service.
We have a dedicated team of International Student Advisers (ISAs) who can provide information on enrolment, accommodation, finance and student visas. Qualified counsellors are available at each campus to offer free and confidential advice. Career development services and career advisers are available on each campus to assist you with personal career goals.
We offer over a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses from education and arts, law and business, health sciences, and theology and philosophy as well as English language and pathway programs. You can search our courses.
We offer excellent pathway, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a number of disciplines. These include:
- allied health
- creative arts
- global studies and international development
- humanities and social sciences
- information technology
- law and criminology
- nutrition and biomedical science
- professional education
- public health and administration
- sport and exercise science
- youth work and community development.
1. Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022. Percentage calculated as ACU’s world rank as a proportion of the total number of universities in the world: International Handbook of Universities 2019, Palgrave MacMillan.
2. International Federation of Catholic Universities members ranked on Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022
3. Graduate Outcomes Survey – Longitudinal 2021, medium-term outcomes, full-time employment for domestic undergraduate students
4. Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022