Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Effective human resource management assists businesses to adapt and thrive in environments of rapid economic, sociological and technological change. The main focus of this discipline to balance organisational needs with employee needs meeting every legal and social responsibility.Here at The University of Notre Dame Australia, we are dedicated to delivering a degree program in Human Resource Management that combines practical components such as regular guest speakers and internships, with theoretical and ethical studies.Our degree program covers all of the subjects that are pertinent to human resource management, including Employment Law, Change Management and Human Resource Development. In addition, you will also study a broad range of foundation business courses including Economics, Finance, Business Information Technology and the Principles of Marketing.A Business Internship comprised of 150 hours of practicum will further ensure you have the opportunity to utilise the skills you have learned, applying them in the corporate environment. Accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI), this Bachelor's program will give you the start you need, whether you choose to work in the public or private sector.
- 3 core curriculum courses
- 8 business foundation courses
- 9 compulsory human resource management courses
- 3 elective courses
- 1 business internship
- Human resource management
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants with recent Secondary Education: Indicative ATAR of 70 with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) OR Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24. OR Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature, or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).Applicants with Higher Education Study
- Other university studies completed at undergraduate level or higher, a minimum of 4 successfully completed subjects
- OR Successful completion of the Notre Dame Tertiary Pathway Program or of another Enabling Program at a level deemed sufficient by the University
Australian Human Resource Institute.
Applicants may consider a Notre Dame Australia enabling program as an entry pathway.