Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program prepares students to work with children aged 6 to 12 years across grades 1-6, across all primary school curriculum areas. Students can undertake this program either on-campus or via external (online) study. The professional experience component is an integral part of the program. It examines the context, purposes and processes of teaching in schools. This course has specialisations rather than majors.
96 credit points of subjects including 9 credit points (3 subjects) from a selected specialisation. The course includes prescribed professional placements. Online study commences in March and September of each year and students can study one subject six times a year to complete in 5.5 years.
- Education-primary. Specialisations: English/literacy
- Health and physical education.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- English (Units 3/4,C)
- General Maths or Mathematical Methods or Specialist Maths (Units 3/4,C)
- A General Science subject. All students must meet minimum literacy standards as required by the Queensland College of Teachers
- Plus Suitability to Work with Children Card (Blue Card) from the Queensland Family and Child Commission
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL); Queensland College of Teachers.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
International student visa-holders must not enrol in more than a third of the total credit points for the course in online, distance or external study.