Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
If you are interested in a professional career in accounting, economics or finance, then a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Bond University is a step in the right direction. As a commerce student at Bond, you will have unparalleled access to Bond Business School's two financial trading rooms and 40 Bloomberg data-sourcing terminals. In addition, you will have the opportunity to gain Bloomberg certification and unlock your potential for more job opportunities. Recognised worldwide, completion of the program certifies that the individual has attained a high level of competency in using the Bloomberg professional service.
- University Core Subjects: Critical Thinking and Communication
- Leadership and Team Dynamics
- Ethical Thought and Action
- Beyond Bond: Professional Development and Community Engagement Program. Core Subjects: Accounting for Decision Making
- Principles of Economics
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Business Law
- Choice 1: Business Maths or Quantitative Methods. Choice 2: Accounting Information Systems or Digital Transformation of Business or Business Model Generation. Choice 3: Cost Management Systems or Financial Applications and Quantitative Analysis. Students must complete six (6) subjects in one of the Commerce majors. Students must choose six (6) elective subjects. They are encouraged to complete a second Major or Minor to diversity their skills and enhance their employability.
- Actuarial science
- Big data
Standard entry requirements
Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent. Bond University does not rely solely on the Overall Position (OP) or the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR). Rather, a range of criteria is used such as extracurricular involvement and personal attributes, including outstanding leadership and community involvement qualities.
CPA Australia, CFA Institute, Actuaries Institute, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ) and Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gold Coast||International: $114,480||Yes||
The Bachelor of Commerce is accepted around the world by leading employers in areas relating to the commercial sector and private practice. Graduates often attain roles in Accounting, Financial Planning, Economics, Investments, Banking, Stockbroking, and Research.