Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Business offers students a sound background in all areas of business through common core subjects, in addition to in-depth knowledge in one or more chosen areas of interest. This course provides an understanding of important aspects of business and offers a wide choice of majors and sub-majors. A wide variety of international exchange options are available.
144 credit points. The course can be completed in a minimum of three years of full-time or six years of part-time study.
- Advertising and promotions
- Financial planning
- Human resource management
- Information technology
- International business
- Sport management
Standard entry requirements
- Australian Year 12 qualification, AQF Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level. Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- Any 2 units of English. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184.
The different majors have recognition from different entities. Accounting: CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand, and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Human Resource Management: Australian Human Resources Institute. Marketing: Associate Membership of the Australian Marketing Institute. Finance: CFA Institute, and Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia). Information Technology: Australian Computer Society. Contact the faculty to learn the extent of recognition for the course.
Students who are enrolled in the Faculty of Business courses and have previously studied at another university or other recognised tertiary educational institution may be eligible for advanced standing if the subjects previously studied are deemed by the Faculty to be equivalent to those specified for their course.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Career options include jobs in accounting, banking, economics, finance, human resource management, international business, management, marketing or marketing communication.