Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Harness the power of digital business. The boom in cloud computing. The rapid evolution of artificial intelligence. An explosion in smart devices. With tech companies dominating the global economic landscape, organisations are searching for savvy business professionals who can make the most of technological innovations and give them a competitive edge. If you dream of a career in digital business, La Trobe's Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Computer Science will give you the right mix of commercial, analytical, and technical skills to succeed in a thriving digital economy. Explore your interests in this flexible double degree. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the business principles underpinning the tech market, as well as the scientific principles behind computer hardware and software.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Computer Science, students must complete 480 credit points consisting of: 240 credit points of Commerce subjects, of which: 105 core credit-points 15 core-choice credit points One, 120 credit point major to be selected from Commerce majors list 240 credit points of Computer Science subjects, of which: 180 core credit-points 60 elective credit points
- Majors Include: Accounting
- Business Analytics
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - Other - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in one of Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Accounting major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with an Accounting major are eligible to apply for membership with the CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). The Marketing major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with a Marketing major may be eligible to apply for membership with the Australian Marketing Institute. Graduates of the Bachelor of Computer Science may be eligible to apply for membership with the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $156,000||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022