Australia is a large country with a range of diverse and beautiful landscapes. The country is divided into six states (New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia) and two territories (the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory). Each state and territory has its own distinctive character, climate and attractions.
In each of Australia's states and territories, there is a capital city as well as smaller regional cities and towns. All of Australia's capital cities provide the vibrant, cosmopolitan lifestyle and multicultural society that you would expect, but each city has its own special character and charm. Remember, there is at least a one-day drive (sometimes much longer) between each capital city and in some instances over four hours of air travel. Away from the hustle, bustle and excitement of the capital cities and their surrounding suburbs, you will find charming regional cities and country areas, which are known for their close communities and relaxed lifestyle. Education institutions can be found in both capital cities and regional cities.
But Australia has far more to offer than its great cities. It also has a beautiful and diverse natural environment just waiting to be explored, including:
- the tropical north of Australia, with its lush green foliage and relaxed outdoor lifestyle
- the 'red centre', with its extensive 'outback' areas and vast desert landscapes
- natural wonders such as the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru, beautiful bushland, magnificent gorges and breathtaking sunsets
- unique plants and animals found nowhere else in the world
- stunning sandy beaches and surf, and plenty of water activities
- skiing and snowboarding in the mountains during the winter months.
Read through the links below to find out about studying and living in each of Australia's states and territories.
- Study in Northern Territory (NT)
- Study in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- Study in New South Wales (NSW)
- Study in Queensland (QLD)
- Study in Adelaide (South Australia)
- Study in Tasmania (TAS)
- Study in Victoria (VIC)
- Study in Western Australia (WA)