Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00917K; 02851G (WS, The College)
This program provides students with knowledge and understanding of two very closely related fields. The advantage of this degree is that it will help open doors to entrepreneurship, start-up companies and new innovations that will require business knowledge and cutting edge information systems and technology skills. The business component of the double degree will allow students to gain knowledge in one of three core Business areas: Money, Markets or Management. A choice from ten business majors will add to the in-depth knowledge and equip students with the skills to pursue a career in a chosen area of interest. Students' knowledge is augmented with study in the Information Systems domain including, but not limited to, system analysis and design, information systems, programing, database design and development, networking, system deployment and management, web and mobile development and social computing. In pursuing this combination of study, students will learn how to assume corporate roles in global enterprises as well as gain skills needed to start a business.
320 credit units
- Big data
- Entertainment computing
- Health informatics
- Mobile computing
- Applied finance
- Hospitality management
- Human resource management
- International business
- Sport management
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor of Information Systems: HSC Mathematics and any two units of HSC English
- Or completed Information Communication Technology Diploma at Western Sydney University, The College. Bachelor of Business: Year 12 HSC (or equivalent)
- Or completed Diploma of Business Western Sydney University The College
- Or completed relevant VET award. Assumed Knowledge: Mathematics and any two units of English. Students unable to demonstrate sufficient levels of achievement in mathematics will be required to use one of the elective units to increase their mathematical aptitude. This will not lengthen the period of study.
Bachelor of Information Systems is accredited by the Australian Computing Society at the Professional level. For the Business component: Applied Finance major satisfies the educational requirements for membership of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia). Human Resource Management major: the School of Business will seek to have the Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) accredited with the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI). International Business major satisfies the educational requirements for membership of the Australian Institute of Export. Marketing major satisfies the educational requirements for recognition as a Certified Practising Marketer and eligibility for membership of the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|