Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Be ready to do business in a changing world. As automation, digitisation and data analytics transform how we live, businesses are looking for forward-thinking graduates who can create new solutions and provide a competitive edge. Get the transferable and technical skills you need to thrive in the rapidly evolving world of business with La Trobe's Bachelor of Commerce. Co-designed with industry leaders, including Deloitte, PwC and Ernst & Young, you'll build strong foundations in the technical business knowledge and enterprise skills you'll need for the careers of the future. Discover the power of contemporary digital business tools and work with industry-standard software. You'll prepare to meet the challenges of automation, the power of big data and analytics, and the rapid evolution of business and consumer technologies with this flexible degree.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Commerce, students must complete 360 credit points consisting of: 105 credit-points of core 15 credit points of
- Majors Include: Accounting
- Business Analytics
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - UAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 2), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 3).
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Accounting major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with an Accounting major are eligible to apply for membership with the CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). The Marketing major in the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Graduates of the Bachelor of Commerce with a Marketing major may be eligible to apply for membership with the Australian Marketing Institute. Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $117,000||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022