Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Psychology is the study of who we are and how we think, feel, act and change. This knowledge helps us improve wellbeing and psychological health. Understanding people's motivations and actions can provide valuable insight into the world of business: how we work, organise ourselves and assign value to things, and what constitutes responsible and ethical decision-making.Business people are a flexible and diverse group of professionals who think strategically and critically to solve complex problems. The strategic thinking and data analysis skills you will gain from studying business are reinforced by the scientific principles and methods that underpin modern psychology.This degreeDouble degrees are designed to broaden your knowledge and skills set, giving you a competitive advantage in the workforce. They also reduce the length and cost of study by combining two different degrees. You can combine your Psychology and Business studies with other disciplines available in the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business degrees.On completion of this degree, you will be able to apply knowledge of psychological principles and applications across many business areas, including the application of research methods to commercial issues in local, national and international contexts.What you will studyDuring this double degree, your psychology subjects include biological and social bases of behaviour, cognition and perception, social and developmental psychology, personality, and applied psychology. You will also learn the fundamentals of psychological practice, including the history of psychology, statistical and quantitative methods and psychological assessment.The first year of your Bachelor of Business requires all students to study common core business subjects including the principles of responsible commerce, accounting fundamentals, statistics for business and marketing principals. Your second and third year will focus on your major business study area.
- The Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) - Bachelor of Business requires the successful completion of at least 216 credit points as specified below:78 credit points of core Psychology subjects
- 6 credit points selected from the approved list of 100 level subejcts from the Faculty of the Arts,Social Sciences and Humanities
- 48 credit points of 100-level Business subjects
- at least 48 credit points from a Business major
- a six credit point Business capstone subject
- andadditional elective subjects, as required , to achieve a minimum degree total of 216 credit points, chosen from the Faculty of Business and Law, Faculty of the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, or the General Schedule.Students may wish to consider completing a Business or General Schedule minor.Students who plan to apply for entry to psychology honours and follow a path to professional registration as a psychologist should complete the extended psychology requirements as described in the Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) degree.
Standard entry requirements
Applicants need to have achieved the required score in a qualification equivalent to the completion of 13 years of schooling in Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|