Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is designed for both property and real estate investment practitioners, and graduates in related fields who wish to extend their qualifications and expertise in property development and investment. Graduates have a commitment to professionalism in the property and real estate investment sectors. This course is for property and investment professionals who want to upgrade their qualifications or expertise or for those who wish to enter the property and real estate investment industries. In the first year students develop an understanding of how to balance private and public interests in urban development, how to evaluate real estate assets, and how to assess development feasibility.
Students must complete 96 credit points made up of 90 credit points of core subjects and a 6-credit-point elective.
- Property development process
- Development feasibility and modelling
- Sustainable urban development
- Planning and environmental law
- Property transactions
- Capital markets
- Financial management
- Property market and risk analysis
- Investment management
- Real estate equities
- Investment property valuation
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree, or equivalent, from one of the following disciplines: architecture and building, engineering, management and commerce, law, economics and econometrics, finance, with at least a credit average. All applicants need to provide a: personal statement (max. 500 words) explaining their reasons for wanting to study property development and investment
- CV articulating their property or finance/investment-related work experience (minimum of 2 years). The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Career options include positions in banking and government instrumentalities, real estate finance, property management and development, and real estate investment.