Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
UTS's Master of Property Development provides a comprehensive understanding of the property development process combined with the practical skills required to work effectively in the industry. This incorporates the political, financial, legal and physical systems that contribute to the successful development of property assets. In this course, students benefit from close ties to industry. UTS academics have professional backgrounds and connections, and class projects are often based on real development scenarios. Recent project examples include the Gladesville Hospital site, Lindfield Town Centre and the Sydney Light Rail Corridor. As many students have extensive industry experience too, there are excellent opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking across a range of fields including property development, valuation, construction, engineering, town planning and architecture.
Students must complete 72 credit points made up of 48 credit points of core subjects and 24 credit points of property options.
- Property development process
- Sustainable urban development
- Planning and environmental law
- Property development finance
- Property transactions
- Property market and risk analysis
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree, or equivalent, at a credit level, from one of the following disciplines: architecture and building, engineering, management and commerce, law, economics and econometrics, planning
- Or a completed UTS Graduate Diploma in Property Development at credit level. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
The course is accredited by both the Property Institute of Australia and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
This course is part of an articulated program comprising the Graduate Certificate in Property and Planning, the Graduate Diploma in Property Development and the Master of Property Development.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The degree provides property-related professionals such as architects, engineers, construction managers, valuers, planners and business or finance professionals the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and qualifications and obtain a more holistic understanding of property development and related processes. This enables graduates to expand their careers or move outside of their original professional area to higher or broader roles within the property development industry and/or offer new services to clients.