Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course is an Engineering Technologist-level program which is similar in nature to the Bachelor of Engineering but does not provide full professional engineering status. It provides students with the skills required at an engineering technologist level and the ability to work with professional engineers without developing full professional engineering competencies.
A total of 144 credit points is required for graduation, distributed in the following way: core program (including the Project BEngSc): 42 credit points fields of practice (including a major BEngSc project): 84 credit points, and electives: 18 credit points. The degree may be taken with a designated major which students usually select at entry. Opportunities exist in later years for students to apply to change majors. Students may choose not to take a major, instead taking a general program comprising subjects from different areas of engineering as approved by the director of UTS: Engineering Undergraduate Programs.
- Data engineering
- Software engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- ICT engineering
- Innovation engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronic engineering
Standard entry requirements
- Australian Year 12 qualification, AQF Diploma, or equivalent qualification at the required level. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.0 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 500-549 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 60-78 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 50-57
- Or CAE: 169-175. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place. International students: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances. Assumed knowledge Mathematics Extension 1
- And English Standard. English Advanced is recommended.
Students who have previously undertaken study at a university or other recognised tertiary education institution may be eligible for some academic credit recognition for their prior study if the subjects previously completed are deemed by the faculty to be equivalent to subjects in the course. The prior study must have been completed before commencement of this course, but no earlier than 10 years before commencement. Students must be able to demonstrate that their knowledge is current. Transfer between UTS courses Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering Science may (dependent upon performance and admission requirements) be allowed to transfer to the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours). This involves completion of the remaining Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) subjects. The subject 48001 Project BEngSc is not credited from this course to any Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
This course is only offered to new international students. Local students in an existing UTS course may be able to transfer into it. This course is also offered offshore. It is available in Hong Kong. The language of tuition is English.