Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
Have you completed a postgraduate Psychology Masters (coursework) degree, or held General Registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia for a minimum of 12 months? This degree allows you to fast-track your studies and training in psychological assessment and clinical intervention, giving you the opportunity, as a registered psychologist, to return to study to gain a Master qualification in a 1-year time-frame, a degree which does not exist anywhere in Australia. This degree is professionally accredited.
8 units: 6 coursework units and 2 practicum units
- Clinical Psychology - Advanced Entry
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC)-accredited Masters (coursework) degree in Psychology, OR have held General Registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia for a minimum duration of 12 months. In addition, applicants must: provide two Referee Reports
- Provide a 1-2 page report which addresses the Master of Clinical Psychology - Advanced Entry Selection Criteria
- Be assessed in a face-to-face interview with a panel of School staff, including completion of the USQ Psychology Competency examination
- Provide an academic transcript demonstrating strong academic performance
- And provide a CV of their work and study history. Applicants who have not completed their four-year bachelor degree or Masters (coursework) in Psychology degree within the last three years, will be required to demonstrate how they have maintained up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area of Psychology.