Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) is a one-year degree for high-achieving students who have completed a bachelor degree that included an accredited three-year sequence in psychology.A psychological science honours degree will give you an edge in an increasingly competitive job market. It will also equip you for further study at a higher degree level.
80 credit points.
- Philosophical anthropology
- Philosophy of mind
- Social and political philosophy
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible to apply for admission to the Honours degree course, a student must have completed, within the last five years, a Bachelor degree includingan accredited three year sequence in Psychology
- With a GPA of at least 5.50 on the ACU seven point scale
- Anddistinction level or above in a total of at least four (4) of the second or third year Psychology units.*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission.International applicants need to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements as defined in the Admission to Coursework Program Policy.
This course is currently accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and approved by the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) as a suitable program of study for the purpose of registration as a psychologist. Please note that a minimum six-year sequence of education and training in psychology is required for an individual to become eligible for general registration as a psychologist in Australia.
Students who complete the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) may be eligible to apply for the Master of Professional Psychology, the Master of Psychology (Clinical) or the Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental) offered at ACU, or a range of other postgraduate courses in psychology.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (St Patrick's)||International: $24,336||No|
|Strathfield (Mount Saint Mary)||International: $24,336||No|
Students who complete the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) will be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist in any Australian state or territory.