Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program qualifies graduates to apply an advanced body of knowledge to engage in reflective practice and develop leadership and management capacity in approaches and strategies to second language learning. The degree provides a pathway for doctoral studies through research in the practices and perspectives of curriculum development and evaluation of teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- 72 units
- 36 units of specialisation courses in TESOL
- Education Project pathway (18 units of research), 18 units additional coursework in general education courses or
- Education Thesis pathway (36 units of research) with modified coursework in the first 36 units of study.
Standard entry requirements
- 3-year Bachelor degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution
- International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards within the last two years.
Applicants may be eligible to enter the program with Advanced Standing and complete the requirements of the Masters in less than 2 years.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
This program does not meet the qualification requirements necessary to apply for teacher registration in South Australia. Students who intend to seek employment as a teacher outside South Australia should check eligibility for registration or accreditation with the relevant teacher regulatory or registration body.