Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Combine engineering skills and knowledge with broad-based business education in this double degree. Alongside your studies in mechanical engineering, develop an understanding of core business concepts such as marketing, management, international business and entrepreneurship.Mechanical engineering is a diverse field that can be applied right across industries – from manufacturing to mining, energy, agriculture, building services, aerospace and defence. In this degree you will learn to engineer solutions for industry challenges and discover the latest in mechanical system design, robotics and automation, manufacturing technologies and sustainable energy technologies. With state-of-the-art facilities, you will apply engineering theories to real-world problems. Enjoy the flexibility of tailoring your business studies to your interests by choosing from a wide range of business electives, including management, accounting and finance, economics, law, and marketing.Graduate career-ready by completing the UniSA STEM Professional Practice Program and gain at least 450 hours of skills and competencies through a range of engagement activities such as placements, internships, guest lectures, industry panels, site visits, networking and events.
- 180 units
- compulsory 12-week industrial work placement in the fourth year.
- Mechanical Engineering
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- OR complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete the Associate Degree in Engineering at the University of South Australia
- Complete a Cert IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mawson Lakes||International: $143,600||No|