Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Undergraduate Certificate in Business helps students seeking alternative entry into a Bachelor of Business. It is for recent school leavers who have not achieved the required entry level ATAR, including those with no ATAR. It may also be suitable for mature age students seeking alternative entry to a bachelor’s degree.
Course Structure For students commencing Semester 1BBUS12010 Organisations in a Business ContextBBUS16020 Introduction to AccountingBBUS15050 Information Technology Systems in BusinessBBUS27000 Guided Studies For students commencing Semester 2BBUS16040 Introduction to EconomicsBBUS14050 Business StatisticsBBUS14060 Business LawBBUS27000 Guided Studies
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants with vocational education and training (VET) studyAn Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 3 qualification or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent)
- OrA New Zealand Qualifications Framework NZQF Level 3 qualification or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent)Applicants with recent secondary education (within the past two years)A Selection Rank of 45.00 or above after adjustment factors are applied
- OrEquivalent overseas secondary qualifications as stated in Appendix 1 of the Admission to Higher Education Undergraduate Courses PolicyApplicants with work and life experienceAn ATAR equal to or above 45.00
- OrAn appropriate score in the uniTEST and the Tertiary Online Written Assessment
- OrAn appropriate score in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)Applicants with overseas qualificationsAn overseas qualification comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 3 or higher in Business Studies (or equivalent)INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTSInternational applicants must meet the Australian Government's visa requirements to reside in Australia while studying at Avondale University.For more information, visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/studyENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSInternational applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency in one of the ways outlined in Appendix 2 of the Admission to Higher Education Undergraduate Courses Policy.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Lake Macquarie||International: $27,240||No|