Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Arts (English Language) provides students with a flexible,degree which opens up a diverse range of career possibilities. The English Language major equips students with communicative proficiency and intercultural expertise to work in local and global contexts. Students develop advanced level English skills, gain intercultural expertise to work in a variety of countries and contexts, and develop research and project management skills.
- 108 units
- 9 units of core courses
- 36 units of an Arts specialisation
- 36 units of a second Arts major
- 18 units of a minor
- 9 units of electives.
- Arts - English Language
- Applied Linguistics
- Cultural Studies
- Creative Writing and Literature
- History and Global Politics
- Languages (French/Italian/Japanese)
- Law, Policy and Politics
- Performing Arts
- Screen Studies
- Social Media
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- OR complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Cert IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
Students can use this degree as a pathway to further study, including teaching.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The English Language major is only available to those who have English as a second language.