Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Develop new skills in social media, data analytics, artificial intelligence and visualisation, all the while investigating how constantly-evolving technologies disrupt various industries. Learn about what can be done to minimise this disruption and how best to harness the potential of emerging communication technologies. Today’s communication professional needs to have the skills and knowledge to operate in this new and disruptive digital media environment. This course will provide you with the critical thinking skills needed to design and implement solutions to the key communication challenges that confront today's society.This course is a six-month full-time (or part-time equivalent) program that takes your career to the next level by providing you with skills and knowledge across areas such as social media storytelling, analytics and data visualisation.This program is designed to provide a broad overview of the digital communication field and foundational skills, which will be developed in further depth through the Graduate Diploma or Masters of Digital Communication courses.You will develop skills in social media, industry disruption, data analytics, artificial intelligence, automation and visualisation to enable you to pursue opportunities in the Digital Communication field.
- To meet the course requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication, you must complete a total of 48 credit points of core units, made up of: 6 units, worth 6 credit points each
- 1 project unit, worth 12 credit points.
- Digital communication
Standard entry requirements
- A recognised bachelor degree (or higher qualification) in any discipline
- Or A completed diploma (or higher qualification) in advertising, animation, communication, interaction design, journalism, media, marketing, or public relations followed by at least two years full-time (or equivalent) professional experience working in a field related to your qualification
- OrFive years full-time (or equivalent) professional experience working in advertising, animation, communication, interaction design, journalism, media, marketing, or public relations.
This course provides a pathway to the Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Master of Digital Communication.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $15,600||No|
This course is also delivered online and can be completed in full-time or part-time study mode.