With a balanced mix of theory and practical experience in our world-class courses, you’ll be prepared to hit the ground running in the real world.
You’ll gain the knowledge, skills and connections to thrive in your chosen career. Our courses are designed and reviewed in consultation with employers to ensure you graduate with the knowledge and skills required now and into the future.
As a major Australian university with a global outlook and 'real-world' focus, we strive to ensure work integrated learning experiences are included in most courses, putting our graduates in high demand.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they'll need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students from more than 100 countries and place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
Studying at QUT gives you opportunities to gain practical experience and make valuable industry connections through more than 3,000 industry partners. These opportunities led to 199,000 authentic learning experiences being achieved by our students in 2017.
We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities, with our courses being in high demand. Our solid international reputation also ensures your qualifications will be well regarded, wherever you choose to pursue your career.
Some of our most recent accolades and rankings include:
- being ranked among the top 3 ‘Young Universities’ in Australia (QUT is 2nd in Australia & 20th Worldwide in the prestigious Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings (2018), while also being ranked 3rd in Australia and 19th globally in the QS Top 50 under 50 for 2019)
- achieving global prestige by being ranked among the top 250 best institutions in the world in both the 2019 QS World University Rankings and the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- ranking among the top 15 Universities in Australia in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) Shanghai Ranking Consultancy
- student satisfaction, with 91.7 per cent of our international students being satisfied with their experience at QUT (International Student Barometer Queensland, 2018)
- QUT graduates achieving their career goals – we’re among the top 10 universities in Australia for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Ranking, 2019).
We offer a broad range of courses, which combine cutting-edge theory with intensive practical learning and the latest technology, to help you take on whatever challenges come your way. Our courses are regularly reviewed and updated to maximise your career opportunities and ensure your degree reflects the latest industry practice.
QUT study areas with global impact
Study areas ranked in the top 100 in the world (QS World University Ranking by Subject, 2018):
- Communication and Media Studies
- Law and Legal Studies
- Architecture, Civil and Structural Engineering
- Art and Design and Performing Arts
- Education and Training
- Sports-Related Subjects
- Social Sciences
Find your course today by searching on our website, or browse by study area:
- Building and planning courses
- Business courses
- Creative practice, communication and design courses
- Education courses
- English language and pathway programs
- Health and community courses
- Law and justice courses
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics courses
QUT Gardens Point
Our Gardens Point campus is located in the centre of Brisbane’s CBD and is home to various high-tech study spaces, arts venues, fitness facilities and food outlets. There is plenty to do between study breaks, including exploring The Cube, the world’s largest interactive digital screen, or visiting one of our museums and art exhibitions.
QUT Kelvin Grove
Our Kelvin Grove campus is located only three kilometres from the CBD in the thriving Kelvin Grove Village precinct. QUT Kelvin Grove boasts a variety of shops, restaurants, a weekly market, residential units, parklands and fitness facilities, alongside the dynamic art and performance spaces at QUT's Creative Industries Precinct.
Please contact: QUT International
Postal Address: Queensland University of Technology, 2 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland, 4000 AUSTRALIA
Within Australia Free Calls: 1800 181 848
Outside Australia Calls: +61 3 9627 4853