Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Combine engineering and science for roles in energy consultancy, environmental engineering, medical engineering or natural resource management. As an engineering graduate, you will be technically competent in the fundamentals of mathematics, science, and engineering, with advanced knowledge in at least one specialist area of engineering. The course includes a design stream as well as a capstone project where you will design and build an engineering artefact using an advanced level of skill while developing your professional capability as an engineer. The course will help you to develop an awareness of the important social, environmental and economic impacts of your engineering decisions, and prepare you for practice as internationally recognised professional engineer.The Bachelor of Science gives you the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and teaching staff in our exciting new learning environments. You will explore real world problems from multiple scientific perspectives and learn the tools of the trade. Your major will provide you with in-depth knowledge and expertise in a scientific discipline, preparing you for entry into the workforce or further study.
Total credit points 480
- Biological sciences
- Earth science
- Engineering-computer and software systems
- Engineering-earth science
- Engineering-electrical and aerospace
- Engineering-chemical process
- Environmental science
Standard entry requirements
- Before you start this course, we assume you have sound knowledge of the subject/s listed below. If you don't have the subject knowledge, you can still apply for the course but we strongly encourage you to undertake bridging studies to gain the knowledge:English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
All graduates are eligible for an Engineers Australia (EA) membership. EA is a signatory to the Washington Accord, which permits graduates to work in various countries across the world. This course is recognised internationally in the engineering profession, giving QUT graduates more career opportunities overseas.
Students may be able to claim Advanced Standing for part of their program, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Gardens Point||International: $193,000||No|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Applicants who receive an OP 1-5 or equivalent are guaranteed an offer for this course in the major offer round.