Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
You can’t pigeon-hole creativity. That’s why QUT has designed a degree that combines a range of interdisciplinary skills. The Bachelor of Creative Industries lets you dive into a melting pot of amazing possibilities and absorb the aspects of creativity that are right for you. It sets you up with skills and experiences to create your own opportunities and career outcomes in the creative sector and beyond. QUT is a global leader in the creative industries. Choose a combination of study areas to suit your creative interests and aspirations, and help you develop your creative niche.
- To meet the course requirements of the Bachelor of Creative Industries, you must complete: Core units - 72 credit points
- Creative Industries introductory units - 24 credit points
- A Creative Industries major - 96 credit points from one of the specified majors including: Creative and Professional Writing
- Media and Communication
- Drama and Performance
- Fashion Communication
- Interactive and Visual Design
- Music and Sound
- and Screen Content Production. Complementary studies - one 96 credit point second major, or two 48 credit point minors, or one 48 credit point minor and four unit options (electives).
- Creative and professional writing
- Drama and performance
- Fashion communication
- Interactive and visual design
- Media and communication
- Music and sound
- Screen content production
Standard entry requirements
Before you start this course, we assume you have sound knowledge of the subject/s listed below. If you don't have the subject knowledge, you can still apply for the course but we strongly encourage you to undertake bridging studies to gain the knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C)
Pathways to Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $96,900||No|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Our offer guarantee can give you peace of mind about your study choices. If you receive an ATAR or selection rank equal to or higher than the offer guarantee, you are guaranteed a place in the course regardless of the threshold. This means that when you know your ATAR or selection rank you can check your eligibility for a QUT course before receiving an offer. You still need to lodge a QTAC application by the closing date. A small number of courses do not participate in the offer guarantee scheme.