Type of institution: TAFE Institute
The Bachelor of Education provides you the expert pedagogical knowledge and classroom practice to succeed as an educator in the early childhood and primary setting. The Bachelor of Education (Early Years) offers a unique learning opportunity, with the chance for you to participate in an innovative and applied learning program through a mix of on-campus learning and professional placement. Throughout the course, you will work in preschool, primary and community settings to complete at least 120 days of supervised teaching practice. You will also have the opportunity to experience our unique internal placement program, involving preschool and primary school students authentically learning in a state of the art on-campus observation facility.
- Education-early years
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent with a study score of 25 in English and satisfactory completion of VCE units 1 and 2 Mathematics (excluding Foundation Mathematics)
- Or relevant work experience and/or mature age entry
- Or Diploma of Children's Services
- Working with Children Check and selection interview prior to commencement
- STAT test (Maths and English) for applicants who hold a Diploma of Children's Services or are mature age
- International students also require overall Academic IELTS score of 7.0 (across all bands)
Qualifies graduates for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) - the registration body for teachers. Also qualifies graduates as a kindergarten teacher (registered with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) and recognised by Early Childhood Australia ECA).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|