Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Create a career that uncovers the past and builds the future. We stand on the shoulders of giants. As human civilisation hurtles toward an increasingly unpredictable future, we need skilled professionals who've explored our history, understand our present and can plan for our future. La Trobe's Graduate Certificate of Archaeology is the perfect place to build your career in archaeology and heritage management. You'll be equipped with specialist skills in contemporary archaeological practice and learn from renowned researchers in La Trobe's world-class facilities. You'll acquire comprehensive knowledge of Australian and Australian Indigenous archaeology and get hands-on experience as you choose from a wide range of specialised subjects. Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Archaeology, you may be eligible for advanced standing for four subjects in the Graduate Diploma or Master of Archaeology, should you choose to continue with your studies.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Australian Indigenous Archaeology
- Historical Archaeology in Australia
- Objects, Things, & Artefacts (a): Managing and Recording
- Objects, Things, and Artefacts (b): Analysing and Understanding
- Practical Archaeology
- Research in Australian Archaeology A
- Research in Australian Archaeology B
Standard entry requirements
- Postgraduate: Prerequisites - Undergraduate requirements - Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses