Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Passionate about building a better world for all? Despite the efforts of multilateral organisations, governments and philanthropists, more than 700 million people (around 10 per cent of the world's population) still live in extreme poverty - often without adequate clean water, food or access to healthcare. As inequality continues to increase around the world, we desperately need more skilled professionals who understand the complexities of the development sector and who can help fight this alarming trend. If you're passionate about supporting our world's most vulnerable communities, La Trobe's Master of International Development will give you strong foundations to advance your career in the humanitarian and development sector. Build a meaningful career and learn how to create sustainable, positive change in areas where we need it most. You'll learn from experienced experts as you choose from a wide range of specialisations and specially curated electives, allowing you to pursue your passion.
- The Master of International Development is a 240 credit point course that consists of:
- Successful completion of 120 credit points of disciplinary core subjects
- Successful completion of 60 credit points of an International Development specialisation
- Successful completion of 60 credit points of an optional second International Development specialisation or elective subjects. LTU0AIM is a not-for-credit subject that you are required to complete at the commencement of your first semester. The subject is designed to enhance your knowledge and awareness of issues concerning academic integrity
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Contemporary Approaches to Development
- Development in Practice
- Environmental Management and Development
- Field Methods and Research for Development
- Gender Mobility and Development
- How Social Change Happens
- Human Security and Development
- Making Development Matter
Standard entry requirements
- Postgraduate: Prerequisites - Undergraduate requirements - Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
This program has nested exit points so students can exit with a qualification should they not meet requirements for the award. These nested exit points are a Graduate Certificate (60 credit points) and a Graduate Diploma (120 credit points). Student who enter the Master's with a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline may be granted Advanced Standing (credit), and only complete 180 credit points for the degree.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $71,600||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Sep 30 2022
Mid-year entry (July intake) is also available.