Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
There's never been a better time to build new skills and follow your passion. Apply now to secure your place at La Trobe. Infrastructure is a chief priority for the Australian government. Large-scale projects are being devised to address issues such as urban congestion and national connectivity, and civil engineers are in high-demand to make these projects a reality. La Trobe's Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) equips you with the skills to be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving civil engineering industry. Build your knowledge in a range of engineering specialties and be prepared to lead the way in creating efficient, sustainable and innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges.
To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours), students must complete 480 credit points consisting of: 420 core credit-points 60 core-choice credit points
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Design and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids
- Modelling Change in Science, Society and Engineering
- Principles of Physics A
- Programming for Engineers and Scientists
- Tools for Modelling the World
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education (within the last two years)
- VCE: Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any Mathematics. Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL. HSC: One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 2), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 3). One of Mathematics or HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (Band 1).
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) is accredited by Engineers Australia (EA). Professional membership may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $145,600||No|
Campuses: Bendigo, Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Tuesday, Feb 28 2023
You can study this course through our Regional Reward.