Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
CRICOS: 00244B (QLD); 02225M (NSW)
This program focuses on practical experience, preparing students thoroughly for the engineering profession. It is ideal for students who have already completed a 3-year engineering degree but have no work experience, as students will be eligible to apply for graduate membership with Engineers Australia and become a professional engineer.
Professionals in the engineering industry who require recognition at the professional level upon successful completion
- 16 units: 7 core courses (8 units)
- 6 specialisation courses
- 2 elective courses
- 2-5 practice courses (0 units) depending upon specialisations
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Power engineering
- Structural engineering
- Engineering Management and Enterprise.
Standard entry requirements
- Australian university Bachelor degree (three of four years) in the area of engineering in the relevant cognate specialisation (major), or equivalent
- Or completion of an appropriate four year Bachelor degree in the area of engineering in a non-cognate specialisation (major field), or equivalent.
Most specialisations are accredited by Engineers Australia.
Articulate from: Graduate Certificate of Professional Engineering, or Graduate Diploma of Professional Engineering.
For all modes of study, there are compulsory practical components which require either on-campus participation or residential school attendance.