Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
There's more to explore at La Trobe. If you can't let go of unanswered questions. If you love learning. If you're passionate about the world around you. Then it's time to start your journey at La Trobe. With our flexible Bachelor of Arts, you can choose from an incredible array of majors and minors. You'll have access to around 50 majors and minors from humanities, social sciences, business, health and science, keeping your career options open. Pursue your passion and your profession. Shape your own future with this interdisciplinary degree. You'll choose one arts major, then explore your interests or build an essential skill when you choose secondary majors, minors and electives from across the university.
- To obtain the qualification of Bachelor of Arts students must complete 360 credit points of study that includes:
- At least one 120 credit point (usually 8 x15 credit point subjects) Arts major.
- Your remaining 240 credit points (usually 16 x 15 credit point subjects) can be completed in a number of ways, for example:
- One additional Arts major and electives
- One additional non-Arts major and electives
- Up to two minors, either Arts or non-Arts and electives
- Majors Include: Aboriginal Studies
- Archaeological and Heritage Studies
- Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies Advanced
- Chinese Studies Beginners
- Chinese Studies Extension
- Chinese Studies Intermediate
- Classics and Ancient History
- Creative and Professional Writing
- Crime, Justice and Legal Studies
- Digital Media
- Environmental Humanities
- Ethics and Social Justice
- French Studies Advanced
- French Studies Beginners
- French Studies Extension
- French Studies Intermediate
- Gender, Sexuality and Diversity Studies
- Greek Studies Advanced
- Greek Studies Beginners
- Greek Studies Extension
- Greek Studies Intermediate
- Hindi Studies Beginners
- Human Geography
- International Studies
- Italian Studies Advanced
- Italian Studies Beginners
- Italian Studies Extension
- Italian Studies Intermediate
- Japanese Studies Advanced
- Japanese Studies Beginners
- Japanese Studies Intermediate
- Psychological Science
- Spanish Studies Advanced
- Spanish Studies Beginners
- Spanish Studies Extension
- Spanish Studies Intermediate
- Sustainability and Development
- Visual Cultures
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Recent secondary education - UAC prerequisite: Year 12 subject prerequisite - One of English Standard, English Advanced (Band 2), English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 3).
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - To be eligible for an offer of admission into the Bachelor of Arts at La Trobe University, an applicant must:
- Meet the stated criteria for Year 12 or Non Year 12 admission, OR
- Successful completion of two of the following four Open Access Pathway subjects:
- LST1LOJ - LAW AND (DIS)ORDER
- SOC1SAC - SOCIETY AND CULTURE: INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
- ARC1THJ - THE HUMAN JOURNEY
- POL1SNS - STATES, SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - (6.0 < 6.0) (UG standard/minimum) - 6.0 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $94,200||Yes|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022
Mid-year entry may be available.