Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Ministry(MMin) is for students who have a degree in another discipline and are seeking employment as ministers in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The degree enables students to further their knowledge and understanding of biblical studies, theology and practical ministry. Students will have opportunities to apply what they learn in church settings and complete an action research project.
The MMin is composed of 16 units (96 credit points) of study over four semesters full-time or the part time equivalent. All units are worth six credit points. The following table outlines when each unit if offered. Full time students should refer to the subsequent tables which provide the recommended program order.
Standard entry requirements
- GENERAL ADMISSION CRITERIATo qualify for admission, you must have completed:An Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 7 Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited university or higher education provider
- OrAn overseas qualification comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 7 or higherSPECIFIC ADMISSION CRITERIAThe following are the specific criteria for admission:Satisfactory Pastoral Recommendation Form, which may entail an interview with the pastor
- AndComplete and submit Avondale Seminary's Acceptance of the Code of Professional Ethics
- AndA National Police Check (issued within the last six months). Applicants with offences or pending charges may be required to undertake a further assessment
- AndA current Working with Children Check for the state/territory you are located while undergoing your study
- AndSeventh-day Adventist (SDA) applicants: Baptised for two years or more and evidence of being actively involved in a local SDA church
- OrNon-SDA applicants: Evidence of being actively involved in a local church of their denominationPOST ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSThe post-admission requirement for this degree is:An AdSafe certificate of completion for Safer Churches TrainingFor more information, refer to the post-admission requirements for Ministry & Theology.ADVANCED STANDINGApplicants with an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF Level 9 qualification (or higher) in a cognate area may be eligible for advanced standing (credit recognition). Refer to the Advanced Standing Policy for more information.INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTSInternational applicants must meet the Australian Government's visa requirements to reside in Australia while studying at Avondale University.For more information, visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder/studyENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTSApplicant's who completed their bachelor's degree (or overseas equivalent) in a language other than English must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no sub-band below 6.0.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Lake Macquarie||International: $54,480||No|