Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Diploma in Property Development provides a comprehensive understanding of the property development process combined with the practical skills required to work effectively in the industry. This incorporates the political, financial, legal and physical systems that contribute to the successful development of property assets. Students benefit from close ties to industry. UTS academics have professional backgrounds and connections, and class projects are often based on real development scenarios. Recent project examples include the Gladesville Hospital site, Lindfield Town Centre and the Sydney Light Rail Corridor. As many students have extensive industry experience too, there are excellent opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and networking across a range of fields including property development, valuation, construction, engineering, town planning and architecture.
Property practitioners and graduates in other fields who wish to extend their qualifications and expertise in property development and management
Students must achieve a total of 48 credit points, comprising 36 credit points of core subjects and 12 credit points of electives. With the approval of the director of program, students may substitute one subject with any other postgraduate property subject.
- Property development
Standard entry requirements
- UTS recognised bachelor degree or equivalent
- Or UTS Graduate Certificate in Property and Planning at a credit level
- Or Advanced Diploma in the field of the built environment. In addition, applicants with a bachelor degree or advanced diploma must submit: a personal statement (max. 300 words) articulating property, planning or construction work experience
- A 2-page CV. The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0
- Or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21
- Or AE5: Pass
- Or PTE: 58-64
- Or CAE: 176-184. Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
The course is accredited by the Property Institute of Australia
This course is part of an articulated program comprising the Graduate Certificate in Property and Planning, the Graduate Diploma in Property Development and the Master of Property Development.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The degree provides property-related professionals such as architects, engineers, construction managers, valuers, planners and business or finance professionals the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and qualifications and obtain a more holistic understanding of property development and related processes. This enables graduates to expand their careers or move outside of their original professional area to higher or broader roles within the property development industry and/or offer new services to clients.