Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Design (Industrial Design) is hands-on postgraduate qualification that equips students with a comprehensive understanding of the innovative, changing world of design. Students study emerging trends and technologies, contemporary design issues, design thinking methodologies, qualitative research practices and sustainability. Students develop the tools and techniques to investigate and analyse human centred design problems and develop techniques to manage complex design projects. They also develop knowledge and skills in design thinking principles and practices as they are applied to industrial design projects. A key part of learning relates to advanced research skills and students graduate with the cognitive skills needed to review and analyse research. Students may also complete an industry placement as part of their studies.
- 72 units
- 18 units of research studio
- 18 units of project
- 9 units of project report
- 4.5 units of research methods
- 4.5 units of business practices
- 4.5 units of sustainability
- 13.5 units of electives.
- Industrial Design
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent, in a related discipline
- And a portfolio of work, curriculum vitae and a written statement of intent. Applicants who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Design from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter and are not required to submit a portfolio of work and statement of intent. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards within the last two years.
Graduates of this program are eligible for Graduate Membership of the Design Institute of Australia. Graduates are eligible for Associate Membership of the Design Institute of Australia after two years of professional practice.
Applicants who have completed a Bachelor (Honours) degree in a related discipline are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City West||International: $68,600||No|