Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Design (Contemporary Art) provides students with advanced practical and theoretical skills and knowledge related to individual specialisations, and ensures they have the necessary business management and marketing skills needed to succeed. There is a key focus is on the development and application of research processes and methodologies and students graduate with the cognitive skills needed to review and analyse information.
- 72 units
- 18 units of research studio
- 18 units of project
- 9 units of project report
- 4.5 units of research methods
- 4.5 units of business practices
- 4.5 units of sustainability
- 13.5 units of electives.
- Contemporary Art
Standard entry requirements
- Completion of a Bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent, in a related discipline
- And a portfolio of work, curriculum vitae and a written statement of intent. Applicants who have completed the Graduate Diploma in Design from the University of South Australia are eligible to enter and are not required to submit a portfolio of work and statement of intent. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
Applicants who have completed a Bachelor (Honours) degree in a related discipline are eligible to enter the program with 1.0 EFTSL Advanced Standing and complete the program in 1 year of full time study or equivalent part time study.
|Mid year intake