University of South Australia (UniSA)

Bachelor of Social Science - Ageing and Disability (MBSS)

University of South Australia (UniSA)

Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Level: Undergraduate
CRICOS: 00121B

The Bachelor of Social Science (Ageing and Disability) equips students with the knowledge and skills to meet the social and emotional wellbeing needs of individuals, families and carers involved with ageing and disability services. Students develop an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles and concepts of social and emotional development and wellbeing, small business entrepreneurship, and ethical practice at the individual, community and policy level of ageing and disability service provision.


  • 108 units
  • 72 units of core studies
  • 18 units of practice skills
  • 18 units of field placements.


  • Social Science
  • Ageing
  • Disability

Standard entry requirements

  • Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
  • OR complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
  • Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
  • Complete or partially complete higher education program
  • Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
  • Complete a Cert IV level or above
  • Qualify for special entry
  • Complete a Foundation Studies program AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.

Study pathways

Students can use this degree as a pathway to further learning, including the Bachelor of Arts (Honours).

Study information

CampusFeesMid year intakeAttendance
Mawson Lakes International: $88,200 No
  • Full-time : 3 years

Further information

All students studying this degree will be required to complete criminal history screening through the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion prior to being accepted for work placements. Students must also hold a current Child Safe Environments Certificate. Some placements may require a current driver's license and a recognised First Aid Certificate.

Related courses

Browse more courses
Is the information on this page correct? Request update
Enquire about this course

Are you currently in Australia?

You must agree before submitting.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Join the conversation