Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling and Interpersonal Skills), Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) provides a balance of courses in psychology theory, counselling, workplace culture, and staff health and wellbeing. Students graduate with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively support and counsel staff and build staff recruitment, retention, and training and development strategies.
- 144 units
- extended major in Psychology
- a minor in Counselling and Interpersonal Skills
- a major in Business
- a major in Human Resource Management
- 150 hour work experience placement.
- Human Resource Management
- Interpersonal Skills
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- And meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council. On completion of the program, graduates will have met the prerequisites to apply for fourth year programs in Psychology.
Students who finish their degree with a distinction Grade Point Average (GPA) may be eligible for the Bachelor of Psychology (Honours).
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City West||International: $117,200||No|
With further study students could become a professionally practicing or research psychologist. To follow this career path students must complete a one-year Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) degree, followed by a two-year Master of Psychology (Clinical) or PhD in Psychology.