Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Primary Education (Honours) is one of UniSA's new education degrees offering honours with a difference. It focuses on students being ready-to-teach, with enhanced career opportunities, and the added benefit of graduating with an Honours. Students graduate skilled, confident and ready to pursue a teaching career in early childhood or primary education. Students can study at Mawson Lakes, Magill, Mount Gambier, Whyalla or online.
- Curriculum Studies
- Professional Experience
- Education Studies
- Primary Specialism - Arts
- Design and Technology
- Health and Physical Education
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- OR complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Diploma or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
The initial teacher education qualification for the Bachelor of Primary Education (Honours) meets the Teachers Registration Board of South Australia (the Board) qualification requirements for the purpose of teacher registration in South Australia and the requirements of the national approach to the Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in Australia.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mawson Lakes||International: $112,000||No|
|Mount Gambier||International: $112,000||No|
Students will be required to undertake a Child Related Employment Screening through the Department of Human Services and must also undertake mandatory training in Responding to Abuse and Neglect prior to the commencement of activities or placements. All students will be required to meet the required standard in the national Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education (LANTITE) prior to graduation.