Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Development) will see you develop specialist expertise in the creation of computer software and applications, preparing you for a rewarding career in this high demand area of ICT. Proficient in programming and equipped to work in a diverse range of programming roles, graduates may find work in IT companies, freelance consulting and IT departments across the public and private sector.You will learn to write code in several programming languages – Java, C++, Python, SQL, ASP.Net – and develop the skills needed to design, implement, evaluate and test new and existing software programs. You will also learn critical and industry relevant software development methodologies including Agile and SCRUM.Professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society, you will enjoy a modern, practical approach to your IT education, with significant opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in real-world settings so that you graduate ready to meet the needs of industry. Enjoy a common first-year across most IT degrees enabling you to switch between specialisations and receive credit for completed courses. This means if you change your mind about your IT specialisation after first-year, you can change programs and still complete your degree in 3 or 4 years full-time (depending on your degree length). Start now, decide later.
- Information Technology
- Software Development
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program OR complete a specified professional course AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
Students who finish their degree with a suitable grade point average could be eligible for the one-year Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours). Students who decide to exit this degree having successfully completed the first two years will receive an associate degree.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mawson Lakes||International: $105,900||No|
|UniSA Online||International: $105,900||No|
Entry is available to students who have completed a professional course from the list on the University of South Australia website.