Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Protect businesses in a complex digital world. In an increasingly interconnected world, businesses are searching for qualified cybersecurity professionals who can protect the confidential data and reputations of domestic and multinational organisations. And with a job growth rate that's more than three times the national average, there's never been a better time to join this in-demand field. Learn how to shield businesses from cybercrime and malicious online threats with La Trobe's Bachelor of Cybersecurity and Bachelor of Commerce. Build your career in cybersecurity, business analysis and strategic communications, while you benefit from industry-based projects and mentoring opportunities with major corporations. Strengthen your double degree with a choice of commerce majors, including accounting, economics, finance, management or marketing. You'll learn from globally recognised teaching staff in world-class facilities.
- First Year Subjects: Academic Integrity Module
- Cybersecurity in Practice
- Data Analytics Concepts
- Economic Issues and Public Policy
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Inside Information Technology
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Programming Environment
- Wominjeka La Trobe: Indigenous Cultural Literacy for Higher Education
Standard entry requirements
- Recent secondary education - VTAC prerequisite: Year 12 English prerequisite (20) - Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
- Non Year 12 - Vocational Education & Training: VET prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- Non Year 12 - Higher Education study: HE prerequisites - Course specific requirements - Subject proficiency: Demonstrated proficiency equivalent to stated Year 12 prerequisites.
- International: IELTS - 6.5 < 6.0 (PG minimum) - 6.5 IELTS (Academic) with no individual band less than 6.0.
- Note: This course may be subject to alternative or extra entry requirements depending on your life circumstances and/or work experience. For the complete entry requirements, please search for your course on the La Trobe website: latrobe.edu.au/courses
The Marketing major available within the Bachelor of Commerce is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Membership for the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) may require an application to the professional body and may have additional or ongoing requirements beyond the completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant professional body for details.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Melbourne (Bundoora)||International: $156,000||No|
Campuses: Melbourne (Bundoora).
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning. Fees correct Friday, Nov 11 2022