Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
It is predicted that by 2026 there will be nearly 300,000 more technology workers in the Australian workforce. The largest increase in employment is expected for software and applications programmers, with 65,200 workers expected to join the profession between 2020 and 2026¹.The Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile Application Development) will see you develop specialist expertise in the creation of software, with an emphasis on mobile applications and platforms.Not only will you develop the technical knowledge and specialist software skills needed to design apps for various platforms, you will also learn techniques for pitching your ideas to potential investors, and – if you have a truly innovative idea – how to launch your own enterprise. You will also learn critical and industry relevant software development methodologies including Agile and SCRUM.Professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society, you will enjoy a modern, practical approach to your IT education, with significant opportunities to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in real-world settings so that you graduate ready to meet the needs of industry. Enjoy a common first-year across most IT degrees enabling you to switch between specialisations and receive credit for completed courses. This means if you change your mind about your IT specialisation after first-year, you can change programs and still complete your degree in 3 or 4 years full-time (depending on your degree length). Start now, decide later.
- Information technology
- Mobile Application Development
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program OR complete a specified professional course AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
This program is professionally accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
Students who exit this degree having successfully completed the first two years will receive an associate degree.
|Mid year intake
Entry is available to students who have completed a professional course from the list on the University of South Australia website.