Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Flexible Entry) is the foundational year for entry into UniSA's other Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) programs specialising in Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical engineering. The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) uses an industry focused, project-based teaching and learning approach to develop professional engineers who are well prepared to work in diverse, interdisciplinary teams to solve complex problems in a socially and culturally appropriate manner.
This first year of engineering provides students with an introduction to civil, electrical and mechanical engineering. At the end of the year students transfer into a named specialisation.
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering.
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- OR complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Cert IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program AND meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
Students must transfer into a named specialisation at the end of the year.