Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Design (Product Design) enables students to practice the technical skills needed for a successful career in the innovative industrial design industry. Students learn in state-of-the-art workshops that are fitted out with digital fabrication equipment such as laser cutters, CNC routers and 3D printers, as well as industry-standard motion-capture and virtual reality systems.
- 108 units
- 9 units of design, culture and society
- 54 units of studio and practice
- 36 units of major in product design
- 9 units of electives.
- Product Design
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Complete a Certificate IV level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- And meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
Graduates of this program are eligible for Associate Membership of the Design Institute of Australia. Graduates are eligible for membership of the Design Institute of Australia after three years of professional practice.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City West||International: $95,700||No|