Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Choose our Master of Information Technology if you are looking for a change of direction in your career or if you want to enhance your IT qualifications and extend your knowledge in software, web and app development.Designed with employment in mind, every element of our course is focused on expanding your skills and knowledge to ensure you can add maximum value in the workplace.If you’re seeking a career change, you can enter the course with no background in IT and graduate ready for employment in a broad range of IT positions in private industry, government agencies or research organisations.If you have an IT background, you can update your qualifications and future proof your career, with several entry options available that recognise industry experience and previous study, allowing you to reduce your study time.By choosing UNE, you are choosing an industry leader in the provision of online lifelong learning. Year after year, students award UNE the maximum 5-star ratings in The Good Universities Guide for Overall Experience and Student Support.
Students who do not have a computing background and who are seeking to achieve qualifications in information technology
1. To qualify for the award a candidate admitted under Rules (a) and (d) must pass units to the value of 96 credit points including not more than 18 credit points at 100-level, not more than 24 credit points at 200 level and at least 54 credit points at 500-level.
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Information technology
Standard entry requirements
- A candidate shall hold:(a) an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification
- Or(b) an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification with a major in a relevant discipline*
- Or(c) an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours qualification in a relevant discipline*
- Or(d) for an international student, hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification from an overseas institution and be studying on a full-time fee-paying basis at the UNE Sydney Campus.
The Master of Information Technology has been granted Professional Level accreditation by the Australian Computer Society and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries.
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to PhD candidature. Students may be eligible for credit (advanced standing) for previously completed studies. An exit pathway is available for eligible students.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Online Campus||International: $63,200||No|
|UNE Armidale (main campus)||International: $63,200||Yes|
Campuses: UNE Armidale (main campus).
CSP quotas apply.