Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Data Science will provide students with the required knowledge and practical skills to analyse and manage data. They will learn how to deal with large and diverse data sets and apply a variety of technologies to extract meaning from them. This course will prepare students to solve complex and challenging problems in science, health, business and beyond, through a combination of engaging coursework subjects and a comprehensive capstone project experience.
Students complete 96 credit points (equivalent to 16 standard units). A student's program of study and credit points for completion are determined by the qualification used as the basis for admission.
- Introduction to Programming and the UNIX Environment
- Data Management Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Software Project Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Algorithms in Machine Learning
- Calculus and Linear Algebra 1
- Introduction to Scientific Programming
- plus more
Standard entry requirements
- Either a Bachelor qualification in a relevant or non-relevant discipline
- Or a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Bachelor with Honours or Masters qualification in a relevant discipline. Relevant disciplines include: Computer science, Data science, Information systems, Information Technology, Mathematics, Software engineering, Statistics.
The Master of Data Science has been granted Professional Level accreditation by the Australian Computer Society and, through the Seoul Accord, is recognised in other countries.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|UNE Armidale (main campus)||International: $58,800||Yes||No information available|