Master of Applied Linguistics
University of New England (UNE)
Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
You will be part of a global classroom, interacting with your lecturers and with students from all over the world via online discussion forums, giving you invaluable experience to take into your real world of work. You will explore languages of the world, language acquisition, language in education, language in legal and other professional contexts, and intercultural communication to build a foundation of knowledge to integrate into your professional career.
Graduates without a background in linguistics and those considering careers in applied linguistics and TESOL
- 72 credit points (equivalent to 12 standard units) including core units
- a research component
- and either completion of the TESOL major or a choice of listed units. Students admitted through an articulation program follow a modified program of study. The TESOL major includes a practicum component.
- Applied linguistics
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor degree in a non-relevant discipline and either relevant work experience or other relevant qualifications
- Or a Bachelor degree with a major in linguistics or a relevant discipline
- Or a Bachelor degree in linguistics and either relevant work experience or other relevant qualification
- Or a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours in a non-relevant discipline
- Or a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours in a non-relevant discipline and either relevant work experience or other relevant qualification
- Or a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours in a relevant discipline
- Or a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Bachelor with Honours in linguistics. Applicants wishing to claim 'relevant work experience or other relevant qualifications' must submit a personal statement (approx 500 words) explaining the relevance of their qualifications and/or work experience to the degree.
Students may be eligible for credit (advanced standing) for previously completed studies. Graduates who have includes an independent research project unit in their program of study are eligible to apply for admission to a PhD. An exit pathway is available for eligible students.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Online Campus||International: $47,400||No|
Campuses: Online Campus.
Note that this course is offered to international students by offshore external study only.
Students undertaking the TESOL major will be required to complete an Anaphylaxis Management program; an online Child Protection module; and obtain a valid Working with Children Check.