Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
At the University of Notre Dame Australia, we are dedicated to delivering a high-quality, ethical, and practical education that will prepare our graduates for a successful career in the sport and recreation industry. During this three-year degree you will develop essential skills and knowledge in the areas of accounting, marketing, management and communication. In addition, you will also specialise in sport and recreation-specific content such as Events Management, Physical Activity and Health, Psycho-social Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity and The Australian Sports System.In particular, this program is designed to give you the skills to manage recreation and sporting organisations and staff, and to adapt and thrive in environments of rapid and pervasive economic, social and technological change. Along the way you will also learn how to manage an individual sporting and recreational agendas and, more broadly, how to oversee the community’s sport and recreational facilities and resources.As part of our commitment to the delivery of ethical and practical knowledge, students are required to complete six industry practicum/internship courses totalling 300 hours over the span of their degree. This provides students with valuable insights into sport and recreation industries, an opportunity for skills development and a chance to build networks within the industry. Upon graduation, you will have the skills necessary for a management position in the sport and recreation sector - initially at the operational level and progressing through to senior management positions. This means you have the opportunity to work in any number of industries and areas including player and recreation centre management, professional sporting clubs, sporting and recreation associations, and various government departments dealing with health and recreation.
- 3 core curriculum courses
- 6 business foundation courses
- 11 compulsory sport and recreation management courses
- 3 general electives
- 6 industry practicum placements
- Sport and recreation management
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants with recent Secondary Education:Indicative ATAR of 70 with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) OR Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24 OR Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature, or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD). Applicants with Higher Education Study
- Other university studies completed at undergraduate level or higher, a minimum of 4 successfully completed subjects
- OR Successful completion of the Notre Dame Tertiary Pathway Program or of another Enabling Program at a level deemed sufficient by the University
Applicants may consider a Notre Dame Australia enabling program as an entry pathway.