Located in a safe, picturesque suburban enclave in Brisbane’s inner north, St Margaret’s is just a short distance to Brisbane’s domestic and international airports and the CBD.
With a well-established international student program, around 35 of the more than 1300 students total that attend the school are international students (around 50–60 pre-COVID).
St Margaret’s was voted Australia’s number one boarding school (The Educator, 2019 and 2020), providing world-class boarding accommodation for 185 boarders in Years 5–12. The boarding community is culturally diverse made up of students from various Australian cities, rural and regional towns and overseas. Students benefit from the knowledge, experience and global awareness that this rich cultural diversity brings. The convenience of living on campus also means students can balance study and leisure time and have access to additional support, including supervised study and tutoring.
Homestay placement options are also available through the school’s homestay provider, International Student Care Australia (ISCA).
A dedicated international team is responsible for student wellbeing and integration and all international students are offered academic support throughout their classes with skill development in reading, writing, speaking and listening so that they can develop their skills in core areas such as English, SOSE, science and mathematics.
Students have access to state-of-the-art learning facilities such as the newly built Sports Precinct. Transforming almost one third of the school’s campus, the new precinct boasts a water polo sized heated swimming pool with two 50-metre lanes, outdoor courts with lights, gymnasium with an oak sprung floor, a strength and conditioning gym, an indoor climbing wall and modern HPE classrooms. The indoor and outdoor courts together accommodate tennis, netball, basketball, volleyball and badminton.
The Senior Studies Centre is a contemporary, flexible learning space for Year 12 students designed so that students can engage in both independent and collaborative work and there are future plans to develop a Year 11 Studies Centre.
The Eunice Science and Resource Centre is an outstanding facility incorporating the senior library and boasting panoramic views of the Brisbane river and cityscape. The space also features an eLearning Lab with equipment to assist students with Adobe Creative Cloud, Podcasting, vlogging and gaming. In addition, the Centre features science laboratories and a specialist STEM lab featuring 3D printers, laser cutter, soldering stations, Styrofoam cutter and more.
St Margaret’s offers:
- an Academic Advising program, a personalised and monitored approach to learning which helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, set goals and determine areas for improvement
- a dedicated, stand-alone STEM subject for students in Years 9 and 10, offering equal emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- a broad range of extra-curricular activities
- an internationally recognised Flyers Program for outstanding scholars, athletes and performers
- a Careers and Portfolio Pathways Program to assist students in making informed and effective decisions regarding the numerous alternative pathways available to them both while at school and beyond
- St Margaret’s Plus, which identifies and documents the essential skills students develop outside of the classroom through participating in extracurricular and philanthropic activities.
Name: Head of Admissions – Fiona Spooner
Phone number: 07 3862 0861 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School, 11 Petrie Street, Ascot, QLD 4007