Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program provides opportunities to protect, promote and restore health and well-being in society. Students obtain core skills in epidemiology and biostatistics and gain knowledge about health systems and contemporary and challenging population health issues. This course is designed for health professionals interested in moving into the public health area, mid-career health professionals seeking advancement in their area of work and clinicians wishing to broaden their range of expertise.
Coursework component for 3 semesters (or 6 semesters part-time) followed by a project or a dissertation component of 1 semester (or 2 semesters part-time). The coursework comprises core units and advanced electives. Elective units will normally be selected according to choice of a major. There is also the option of not completing a major and choosing units from more than one study area.
- Emergency and disaster management
- Epidemiology and research methods
- Health promotion
- Health, safety and environment, Health services management
Standard entry requirements
- A completed recognised Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- Students with a completed recognised bachelor degree in Health will be eligible for 48 credit points of advanced standing, which will reduce the course duration to 1.5 years full-time.
The Graduate Diploma in Public Health fully articulates into the Master of Public Health.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Kelvin Grove||International: $64,600||No|