Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program allows students to build a high level of expertise in their chosen specialisation - Composition and Music Technology; Music Performance (classical, jazz or pop); or Musicology and Ethnomusicology, while allowing them the flexibility to sample a variety of musical approaches. Students will benefit from a vibrant, nurturing and productive environment, with modern facilities, unique archival collections and scholarship opportunities. They will enjoy a wide range of performance opportunities, including with international visiting artists, and have the option of taking intensive overseas study as part of the degree. In addition to learning practical skills, students are exposed to the historical, creative, technical and cultural aspects of music making and musical thinking.
The program consists of a chief music study and music history major, music theory and ear training, and additional music elective units.
- Composition and music technology
- Music performance (classical, jazz or pop)
- Musicology and Ethnomusicology
Standard entry requirements
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
- VCE Units 3 and 4, a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English
- Audition/composition/folio submission
Honours year available.
|Campus||Fees||Mid year intake||Attendance|